Why is my account on hold?
In most cases, we cannot process a charge because the card has expired, the billing address has changed, there are insufficient funds or the bank doesn't allow recurring charges.
When an account is on hold, it's because we were unable to process the monthly subscription payment. A few things could be wrong:
- The method of payment on file is invalid or expired
- The billing zip code has changed and we still have the old one attached to the account
- The card has not been authorized for online recurring transactions (especially common with government-issued or prepaid cards)
- The method of payment does not have sufficient funds for the transaction
- The credit or debit card is not issued by a U.S.-based bank or financial institution
If you need to update your payment information, just head to hulu.com/account. If you believe the card on file should work, please contact your bank or card issuer. If you're still having trouble, please feel free to contact us.
Back to Top