To watch HD and 4K Ultra HD content available on Hulu, you’ll need a broadband internet connection, an internet-supported device, and a display able to play video in HD or 4K Ultra HD resolution.
Streaming Hulu in Standard Definition requires a download speed of at least 1.5 Mbps. In order to stream in other resolutions, we require the following minimum download speeds:
720p HD: 3 Mbps
1080p HD: 6 Mbps
4K Ultra HD: 13 Mbps
Streaming video in HD depends on your device and your display’s capabilities. Shows available in 4K Ultra HD can be streamed on a display capable of a 3840x2160 resolution connected to one of the following devices:
Playstation 4 Pro
Xbox One S
You can filter HD videos on Hulu.com by selecting the HD checkbox at hulu.com/start/content, or directly under the TV menu:
1. Log in to an account associated with a Hulu subscription
2. Hover over TV at the top left of the site
3. Choose either Most Popular or Recently Added
4. At the top-right of the page, check the box for HD
5. Your search results will be narrowed down to HD videos only
To find 4K Ultra HD content on supported devices, look for the logo on select show/movie pages.