With Hulu on the Amazon Echo Show, you can quickly get to your favorite programming — using just your voice, or a few taps of a finger.
Hulu’s streaming library and Live TV programming are accessible on both the 7” Echo Show (Gen 1), and the new 10.1” Echo Show (Gen 2).
Finding your way around
When you first launch Hulu on your Echo Show, you’ll need to login or sign-up. After you’ve signed-in, you’ll be able to access the Home screen with a list of main menu choices. Depending on your subscription, you may see: Networks, Keep Watching, TV Shows, Movies, Sports, Kids and/or More Categories. Tap one of these categories to dig deeper into the collection’s content.
For a faster hands-free Hulu experience, use Alexa and these quick verbal commands to jump right to what you’re looking for.
- “Alexa, play/watch/stream The Mindy Project on Hulu”
- “Alexa, find/search/show me The Path"
- “Alexa, show me/search for/find episodes of Handmaid’s Tale”
- “Alexa, show me/search/find movies or movies with Leonardo DiCaprio”
- “Alexa, open/show me/search/find channels or networks on Hulu”
- “Alexa, play/tune to/play/watch Cartoon Network”
- "Alexa, open/show me/search/find Kids or Sports or Hulu Originals”
During playback, you can also use Alexa as your controller.
- “Alexa, turn on/off closed captions”
- “Alexa, play/pause/stop/resume/rewind/fast forward”
- “Alexa, restart/rewind to start/go to the beginning/rewind to the beginning”
- “Alexa, play next/next episode”
- “Alexa, switch channel to/change channel to HGTV”
- “Alexa, rewind/skip back/go back # seconds/minutes”
- "Alexa, fast forward/skip forward/go forward # seconds/minutes”
While these voice commands are similar to other Alexa-enabled Amazon devices with Hulu, use this list for a better-tailored experience
If you experience issues streaming Hulu on your Echo Show, here are some common solutions that may help.
- Try “Alexa, go home” and then re-starting or opening where you left-off in Hulu.
- Check your network connection. If the light on your device is orange, your device's Wi-Fi connection isn't working as expected. Check the network you’re connected to, by going to Settings and then Wi-Fi.
- Reduce Wi-Fi congestion. If your connection is fine, but things are running slowly, turn other devices connected to your network OFF to free up bandwidth.
- Restart your Echo Show and network hardware. Turn OFF your modem and router for 30 seconds and then turn them back ON. After your network hardware is back online, turn your Echo Show OFF and then back ON again.