If you continue experiencing issues after completing general troubleshooting, here are some additional, device-specific steps for PlayStation VR that may help:
- Update your PS4 system software. Navigate to Settings > System Software Update and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Update your PlayStation VR software. Your headset has its own system software so make sure that it’s running the latest version by navigating to Settings > Devices > PlayStation VR Device Software > Update PlayStation VR Device Software.
- Make sure you are limiting use to Play Area. Sometimes the camera might not properly track your headset's movement. PlayStation recommends limiting the use of PlayStation VR to within the Play Area.
- Be mindful of direct light. Make sure that bright light from windows or room lighting does not shine directly into the camera. Avoid pointing the camera at light-emitting devices such as computer monitors or any other type of screens.
- Visit PlayStation's VR support site for additional troubleshooting.